Epsom Salt Baths : A Simple Way to Nurture and Detox Your Body
I love the sensation of sliding into an Epsom Salt Bath at the end of a busy day, particularly to relieve stress or body tension when my muscles are tight from sitting at the computer creating. Relaxing in the bath by candlelight, listening to soothing music or meditating helps me sleep better and clears the energy of the day.
How to get the most from your Epsom Salt Baths
- Soak at least 20mins to remove toxins.
- Boost the detoxification process by adding some Baking Soda
- Add Essential Oils such as Lavender for relaxation, Frankincense for a general boost and mood improvement or one of your favourites. Deciding on the brand of essential oils to use is important. I use doTERRA, Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade (CPTG ) essential oils, amongst the most potent and pure oils available, sourced ethically from around the world.
- Soap will interfere with the salts’ detoxification process so if you do use something, choose a toxic-free option. I use a toxic-free shower gel.
- DO NOT RINSE yourself after the bath as Magnesium and Sulphur remain on your skin for additional absorption.
Ideally once or twice a week is a great wat to start, or for a more therapeutic effect, three to five times a week.
Epsom Salts originated from a bitter saline spring in Epsom, Surrey, South of London, England, and are a naturally occurring mineral compound of Magnesium and Sulphate. These minerals are critical for our overall health and promote a healthy metabolism and detoxification.
Bathing in Epsom Salts pulls salt and toxins out of the body and allows Magnesium and Sulphate to enter into the body all at the same time. Nurturing our body by cleansing it to release harmful toxins that surround us every day, helps keep us energised, give clarity of mind and elevate our mood.
Some great benefits of a regular soak in an Epsom Salt Bath…
- relax muscle tension or soreness after exercise
- deep detoxification, with toxins being flushed out
- alleviate stress
- reduce inflammation
- help relieve headaches, migraines
- relief for arthritis and other joints conditions
- help improve your sleep (insomnia)
People have been experiencing these benefits and more for thousands of years.
Epsom Salt Baths are an easy way to increase your self-care, overall state of health and energy, and feel great!
Photo by Roberto Nickson on Unsplash