6 Ways to Create More Time in Your Day
If you’re feeling like you’ll never “get it all done” and your to do list seems endless try this…
Do an audit of your typical day – take a fresh look at everything you do from the time you wake up to the time you go to sleep. What can you cut out or cut back on, to create more time in your day?
Here’s six ways you can eliminate time wasting behaviours we’re all guilty of (my hand’s up)
- Hit the Focus button on your mobile or other devices, so you can have uninterrupted time to get things done.
- Remove social media apps from your mobile phone and turn off unnecessary notifications to take away the distraction or temptation to go down the rabbit hole on your socials’ platforms. Allocate a specific time of day eg. early/late afternoon to check your socials. Create and schedule your posts fortnightly or monthly.
- Check your emails once or twice a day at the same time. Create an autoresponder that lets people know what time you check emails and what to do in an emergency, eg. call or send a text.
- Stop watching TV, listening to podcasts, scrolling social media, listening to/watching the news.
- Get up an hour or two earlier. Make sure you get enough sleep – set your sleep/wake up reminder on your mobile or other devices.
- Hire an airtasker [or get someone in your home] to help with cleaning, gardening, odd jobs at home so you can focus on work, business, your future. Try it for a few months and then reassess.
How much time are you burning that could be better spent creating your dreams? Try these out for the next month and let me know how it goes..